Why can’t I receive information about packages? Due to the privacy and safety of our students, we will not answer questions regarding the receipt of packages. This information will only be provided to the student.
If I pay for overnight shipping will the package be received the next day?
Campus Mail Service process thousands of packages daily for the University campus. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee an item will be received the next day by the student, we kindly request that if the student is in need of a package immediately, please send via Fed Ex or UPS to allow for pickup of the package at one of their nearby locations.
Mail and Packages
• For the safety and security of our students, mail and packages are not delivered directly to the residence halls. All deliveries are made to the Ferguson Mail Center. DO NOT address items to the student’s residence hall or to a University department.
• Students can find their personal mailstop code (MSC#) on myBama by locating the Ferguson Mail Center icon under the Student tab.
• Students are notified via e-mail anytime they receive a package.
• Students may not receive personal mail and packages at a Greek house. All students are required to use their personal mailstop code (MSC#) for receiving mail/packages either at the Ferguson Mail Center or at the Tutwiler Package Center.
Pre Move-In Packages
• Campus Mail Service’s internal tracking system automatically sends out reminder e-mails to students who have not picked up their packages after 5 days. Students should disregard these notifications prior to Move-In and simply pick-up their packages from the mail center when they arrive on campus.
• You may ship items to campus prior to Move-In. We recommend shipping items as early as June 1.
• Each student should be mindful of the volume of packages sent to campus for Move-In. Many items may be purchased in Tuscaloosa or ordered online and shipped to the student after Move-In.
• Campus Mail Service accepts trackable packages from DHL, FedEx, UPS, and the US Postal Service. We do not accept freight shipments.
• Packages weighing more than 50 pounds will be accessed a handling fee. Please contact our office for fee amounts.
Picking Up Packages on Move-In Day
• Only the student can sign for their packages. Students must present their student Action Card for validation, no exceptions.
Where is my package pickup location?
• During Move-In days, Campus Mail Service will have designated package pickup locations. This service is only provided to each resident on their scheduled Move-In day. In order to ensure that packages are available for pickup on your designated move-in day packages must be received at the mail center on or before July 31. Packages that are not picked up on your scheduled day will return to the Ferguson Mail Center and made available for pick up the following day at noon. To determine your pickup location more details are available on the Housing and Residential Preparing for Move-In site under Package Pickup.