The Tutwiler Package Center is conveniently located on the first floor of Tutwiler Hall. Students access our customer entrance from the outside of the building, just across from the Crimson Ride bus stop.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
(except for University closings and holidays)
CLOSED during summer
Normal operations will be suspended
May 6, 2019 – July 26, 2019
Normal operations will resume on July 29, 2019.
All packages will be available for pickup at the Ferguson Mail center.
Please contact Ferguson Mail Center by email at email@example.com or 348-7807 for assistance.
The Tutwiler Package Center is not exclusive to students who live in Tutwiler Hall or in nearby residence halls. Any student, whether they live on-campus or off-campus, can receive packages at “TUT”. Students who have a mailbox rental at the Ferguson Mail Center can choose to receive their trackable packages at the Tutwiler Package Center. However, non-trackable items are still placed in the student’s mailbox at the Ferguson Mail Center.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE USING THE TUTWILER PACKAGE CENTER:
- Packages addressed to the Tutwiler Package Center are dispatched from the Ferguson Mail Center at various times throughout the day. Because of this transfer, students who choose to receive their packages at the Tutwiler Package Center may experience a short delay in having their packages made “Ready for Pick-Up”. If you need your package sooner, it is recommended to utilize the services of the Ferguson Mail Center.
- The Tutwiler Package Center is not open on weekends. If you anticipate receiving an expedited shipment for the weekend, it is recommended that you utilize other mailing services such as the UPS Store for packages needed over the weekend. Packages will not be available for pick-up until processed once normal business hours resume. Please plan accordingly and have your packages addressed correctly and submitted timely.
Students who wish to receive their packages at the Tutwiler Package Center, instead of the Ferguson Mail Center, may simply replace “MSC” with “TUT” as the identifier in the address structure. Use the same address regardless of carrier. Use this address structure exactly:
STUDENT’S FULL NAME
TUT # __ __ __ __ __ __
1831 UNIVERSITY STATION
TUSCALOOSA, AL 35487
To ensure that items are routed correctly. Please be sure to use the student’s full name and correct MSC#. Students can access their unique MSC# by clicking here.
- All packages bearing “MSC” along with your 6-digit mailstop code will be routed to the Ferguson Mail Center.
- All packages bearing “TUT” along with your 6-digit mailstop code will be routed to the Tutwiler Package Center.
- The Tutwiler Package Center is a “package pick-up only” mail center. No mailbox rentals are available at this location, and no outbound retail services are provided.