CAMPUS MAIL SERVICE CENTER
Your hub for sending and receiving student mail.
** Please note that Amazon fulfillment has been sending some packages to the University via individual delivery drivers. Campus Mail cannot accept these packages as they do not come with individual tracking numbers. Most of these items have been rugs. We are attempting to work with Amazon to get this rectified, but it’s imperative that you do not select “delivery” when presented with your shipping options. All items must be shipped for receipt by Campus Mail Service. We do not accept any local deliveries because as they cannot be processed into our system because they do not have unique tracking numbers. ***
Located in the Student Center directly across from the Supe Store, the Campus Mail Service Center is available to assist students with:
- Receiving packages from all major carriers (UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS)
- Sending pre-stamped mail (USPS)
- Shipping pre-labeled packages (UPS, USPS, FedEx)
- Purchasing outbound shipping through USPS
- Having stamps, envelopes and packaging supplies available for purchase
Please note, we do NOT accept freight shipments or local deliveries such as Spark, Instacart, grocery store deliveries, flower deliveries, etc.
Helpful Tips for Ease and Efficiency
- Every actively enrolled UA student is automatically assigned a unique 6-digit mailstop code (MSC#), allowing them to receive trackable mail and packages through the mail center throughout their student career, regardless of whether they live on or off-campus. Students who live on-campus will also be assigned a District number (District#) enabling packages to be placed in a secure parcel locker most convenient to them.
- Students can locate their unique MSC# by logging into myBama, clicking on the “Student” tab, locating the “Campus Services” Banner and selecting the hyperlink labeled “MSC (Mail Stop Code) Number.” Every student will see their MSC# and students who live on-campus will also see their District#.
- All student mail and packages must include the student’s unique MSC# without exception. Failure to include the MSC# may result in delayed delivery or having the item returned to sender. Address all student mail and packages using the following format:
STUDENT’S ENROLLED NAME
MSC# _ _ _ _ _ _
DISTRICT # _ _ _ (not required for off-campus students)
1831 UNIVERSITY STATION
TUSCALOOSA, AL 35487-001
(Hint – If you have issues with the zip code, try adding -001 to the end, such as “35487-001”)
When keying in an address for an online purchase, the MSC# and the District#, if applicable, may be entered together in the first field immediately below the name. Alternatively, it may be entered in the same field as the name, i.e., keying “Sally Smith, MSC# 123456, District# 79” in the name field.
- Never use the physical address of the student’s residence hall or Greek house. USPS, UPS, FedEx and Amazon do NOT deliver to the residence halls, so the item will be returned to sender.
- Parcel lockers inside residence halls only accept packages for students residing within those halls, while parcel lockers at the CMSC, Magnolia Parking Deck and Bryce Lawn are available for any student’s package. Parcel lockers are conveniently available 24/7. Large or specialty packages and letter mail will NOT be placed in parcel lockers and must be collected from the Campus Mail Service Center.
- The zip code for the UA campus is 35487. When a student moves off-campus, they will have a different zip code and should no longer use 35487 as it is specific to campus only.
- Students living in on-campus residence halls, Greek housing or off-campus apartments leased by the University, for example, East Edge and Union on Frank, do not pay fees to receive mail or packages through the Campus Mail Service.
- Students living off-campus are assessed $2.50 for each package shipped to campus through the Campus Mail Service. This includes packages picked up from the parcel lockers as well as those retrieved from the Campus Mail Service Center. The per-package fee will be capped at $25 per billing period (Jan. 1-May 31 and June 1-Dec. 31).
Shipping Packages for Move-in
- Send packages for fall move-in as early as June 1.
- There is no limit to the number or size of packages students may receive for move-in. However, only ship necessary items. Any packages shipped to Campus Mail Service will have to be picked up and physically carried by the student to the residence hall. For this reason, we highly recommend staple items like cleaning supplies and water be purchased locally upon arrival.
- The student’s ACT card is required for verification when picking up packages received for move-in. Packages will not be released to a friend or family member.
- Verify dimensions and amenities with the residence hall before purchasing or shipping items. Large furniture, headboards and rugs may not fit.
- Visit our Move-In page for more information.
Campus Mail Service does not guarantee that packages sent overnight and priority shipping, for example, will be available for pickup at the times the carrier provided. Campus Mail does NOT accept deliveries in the weekends.
- Letter mail can be retrieved Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Campus Mail Service Center. Letter mail that is not collected within 30 days is returned to the sender.
- Packages that are not oversized or required special handling will be placed in parcel lockers. Locker packages can be retrieved 24 hours a day. Packages in lockers must be retrieved within 5 days. After 5 days, the packages will be moved to the Campus Mail Service Center and must be picked up within 10 days. Uncollected packages remaining after this time will be returned to sender.
- Oversized packages or those that require special handling may be picked up from the Campus Mail Services Center during business hours. Students must come in person and present their ACTION card to pick up mail and packages from the Campus Mail Services Center.
Campus Mail Service is not responsible for misaddressed or misdirected mail or packages.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(except during University closings and holidays)
Phone: (205) 348-7807