Centralized Afternoon Pick-up Service (CAPS)
Campus Mail Service has strategically placed 4 dropboxes across campus. This service allows departments the opportunity to place outgoing mail items in one of the four CAPS dropboxes and have it processed the same day. CAPS dropbox pick-ups are made between the hours of 2:00 & 3:00 P.M. Items placed in CAPS dropboxes after 2:00 PM will be processed the following business day.
Centralized Afternoon Pick-up Service dropbox locations:
Printing & Mail Services – located on the left side of the building near the department mail entrance.
Rose Administration – located at the rear of the building
Student Services Building – located at the north end of the building underneath the outside stairs
Alston Hall – behind the building near Subway.
Capital Hall – on left directly facing building
Bryce Lawn – next to the parcel lockers
SERC Building – across from the Ferguson Center
University Services Campus – near the Employee Resource Center
Items that can be placed in the CAPS drop boxes include:
- Make sure items are properly addressed using valid departmental box numbers.
- A listing of departmental box numbers can be found here.
- The use of Intra-Campus Mail envelopes are strongly recommended.
- Mail that needs to be metered should have a properly completed Postage Charge Slip attached. Mail should be securely bundled so items do not become loose from the charge slip.
- Mail that already has proper postage applied can be deposited as long as it complies with the 13 oz. mail rule.
UPS & FedEx
- All outgoing UPS and FedEx shipments can be placed in a CAPS dropbox for same-day processing.
- A ShipRequest from SendSuite Live should be securely attached to your shipment.
- Items that are too big to fit inside the CAPS dropboxes should be brought to Campus Mail Service for processing.